Loading…
You are here:  Home  >  F. Y. R. O. Macedonia  >  Current Article

Government starts to compensate flooded areas of Skopje and Tetovo

By   /   06/10/2016  /   Comments Off on Government starts to compensate flooded areas of Skopje and Tetovo

floods

Skopje, 6 October 2016/Independent Balkan News Agency

By Naser Pajaziti

As of today, government in FYROM will start the process of compensation for families that were affected by the floods on August 6 in Skopje and Tetovo.

The government has allocated around 35 million euros in order to compensate around 5 thousand families that suffered damages during the floods.

Government spokesman, Aleksandar Gorgiev said that the payment will be made on installments, one installment this month and one next month.

“The first installment will include 947 families or 25% of the 4 thousand cases assessed so far. As it was promised, there will be full compensation of the damages. This sort of compensation is made by only a few countries in the world”, Georgiev said, adding that the entire process will be finalized until November.

The funds going toward the compensation were secured through a budget review, which sparked debates between government and opposition. The opposition claimed that the compensation is taking place ahead of the 11 December elections. /balkaneu.com/

You might also like...

Trajko Veljanovski

Veljanovski: I am convinced that VMRO-DPMNE and BDI will form the new government

Read More →